Layer poultry is a special type of chicken for egg production, which is upbringing from one day of age, who starts to lay egg 18 to 19 weeks of age and the production lasts for 72 to 78 weeks of age. At the time of production of eggs, they produce an average of one kg of eggs by eating about two kg of food at an average.
Considering the characteristics of the eggs for the production of eggs, after the long proliferation of various kinds of cock poultry, after the long proliferation process, the more egg-laying chicken is called the hybrid layer.
Layer species name
Two types of layer chickens, depending on the nature or color of the egg:
- Egg Producer: They are relatively small in size. Eats less food, eggshells are white in color. For example: Jesus White, Sever Carp, Lowman White, Nicikik, Bovak-BV-300, Haired White, High Sex White, Chevrolet White, Highline White, Bovens White.
- Brown egg producers: The larger the size, the more the food is eaten, the egg size is larger, the egg shells brown in color. For example: Isa Brown, High Sex Brown, Chevar 579, Lowman Brown, High Line Brown, Budak-BV380, Gold Line, Isa Rose, Bablona Tetra, Bablona Haraco, Hubard Brown.
Layer chicken selection
- To properly select the best productive strain for the layer. Because all chickens do not lay equal numbers/types eggs.
- The quality of the layer chick to be collected.
- Need to collect a chicks of expected characteristics.
- Collect chiks from reputed hatchary.
Preparation for collecting chicks
After the arrival of the chick in farm: For the first week of birth,the chicks are looks tired due to dehydration for transportation. So, for them, adequate drinking water in the Bruder room should be arranged and it would be better to make them drinking water. If you mix the glucose at 5 percent with water, they can easily get strength from there. At the same time, any development can be fed mixed with water such as the order of multivitamin and electrolyte preparing company. When transporting the baby from far away to the hatchery or sales center, using multivitamin and electrolyte on the farm, eliminating transmitted clamdom and water vacuum makes the child normal.
Vaccination and its importance: Providing vaccination vaccines according to the immunization program
- Disease resistance is created in the body and
- Chickens can be preserved from infectious diseases. If the immunization is fruitful, the disease will be very low and the death rate can be moderate.
Caution before vaccination
- Carefully hold the chicken while catching.
- Vaccination should be applied on poultry when they are free from any strain.
- The sick chicken can not be vaccinated.
- Immunization equipment should be boiled in boiling water.
- Vaccinations should be provided when the weather is cold.
General intructions of vaccination
- Vaccination is always applies to healthy birds.
- Vaccination can not be applied to sick or worm affected birds. It does not create resistance to desired levels, but there is a possibility of more damage to the bird.
- Vaccination seeds can not be exposed to sunlight in any way.
- The mixing bowl or pot, syringes-needles, used fluid materials, vaccine-user hands, etc. need to be clean and free from germs during use.
- Chemical substances can not be used for sterilization.
- Prevention of vaccine is best applied in cold weather during the morning or in the evening.
- The vaccine should be used as soon as possible after use for the use. After grilling, it will be used for 1 hour in summer and 2 hours in winter.
- If the normal color of the vaccine is changed or expired then the vaccine can not be used anymore.
- In case of vaccine transport it is necessary to ensure transport in cold conditions.
- In the heat-resistant container, it is necessary to transport the vaccine seeds with ice. When ice melts, it is necessary to ice up again.
- During use vaccination mixing pot can not be placed in a large container of ice in shade
- When applying immune vaccines, the immunization application should be washed with clean water and hence the chemical products can not be used.
- Sprays will be burned to the unused vaccine. Can not be kept for future use.